Until now I had gone with predominantly blues, mainly because I liked how having an electric colour something that doesn’t feel natural with the naturalist shape of a human body along the the painterly textures. But blue seemed wrong for a mower. Green seemed the obvious choice (I had used blue for myself pink for my daughter a grass covered lawnmower hit a cord ) probably not the most inspired of choices but it was something to work on. I kept with my fully saturated palettes just shifting along to the green and yellows but the nothing seemed to work I was rapidly loosing confidence in the whole process. Not only was the colour all wrong but the texture was no longer working for me. Maybe it was because the mower was a mechanical rather than organic object . It had been a long time since I had experimented with my texture code and now seemed the perfect time to get back in to it.
I systematically went round tweaking each parameter to re reacquaint myself with the subtleties of the code. I was attempting to get a more grass like texture, at the same time I was loading more images to extract the colours from, an image of grass suddenly brought back more definition to the image. And I was getting a handle on creating more form with my “random” strokes.
It was great to see wat a difference texture and colour made to the form I entered a phase of exploring the most appropriate textures for a given colour set (for a ride on lawn mower)
I decided a mower for each season was a good start though I dropped this to 3 winter summer spring, maybe because I never like even numbers or I have a distrust of 4 seasons being an appropriate was to break up a year, maybe its my unwillingness to accept death, my seasons will be heat, cold, growth maybe its rust because I like the Red Green Blue colour space to play in.